- British SysAdmin: shame you don't play cricket
- Me: … why?
- British SysAdmin: Aussie is losing
- Me: Haven't they been losing for the last couple years, or am I thinking of England? :P
- British SysAdmin: now now, don't get nasty ;)
- Me: That wasn't intentionally meant to be a burn, that was a genuine question. Oops. :P
- Team Lead: UNINTENTIONAL BURN!!!
- Recruiter: Hi I'm from [recruiting firm] and I've got an ASP .NET role in Perth I think might be suitable for you
- Me: That's not actually my skillset
- Recruiter: Oh… *ruffles paper* Ah PHP.
- Me: Yes.
- Recruiter: So what do you do?
- Recruiter: Oh you said Java?
- Recruiter: Oh… Well you obviously know more than me. So what are you doing now?
- Me: Working telecommute for a company in Melbourne that contracts to FOX.
- Recruiter: Oh you're in Melbourne now? My information must be really old.
- Me: No, your information is current. I telecommute from Perth.
- Recruiter: I see… and that was Foxtel?
- Me: No, FOX in the US.
- Recruiter: Ah I see. Well I specialise in companies in Perth and I don't do much PHP.
- Me: Yes I know, Perth is a .NET shop at the moment
- Recruiter: I see you've previously worked at [past employer where I burned out]. Is there an opportunity that you would consider returning to that company for?
- Me: [inside voice] HAHAHAHA [outside voice] No.
- Recruiter: Well… if you're interested in other opportunities, I'll drop you an email and you can send me an updated CV.
- Me: Okay sure.
- Recruiter: I'm sorry…
- As Jono said, this call was one step away from phishing, and so much worse.